Hand Painted Therapeutic Casual Alpaca Socks Made in the USA. Lanart offers soft, high-quality alpaca socks to help retain warmth, absorb and wick moisture away from the skin, and keep your feet healthy. Alpaca is the best natural fiber for socks, it’s a gift to your feet. It is a hollow fiber, which is a key advantage to socks in particular, as it multiplies the benefits. Your feet will stay at an optimum temperature, so you can do the things you love no matter the weather.
Baby alpaca is super soft, doesn’t rub, constrict, or bind. It will help prevent blisters, and won’t irritate sensitive feet. The breathability of this natural fiber makes it a suitable sock for most of the year.
We use certified 80% baby alpaca yarn in all of our socks. This high content percentage retains all the wonderful natural qualities of alpaca. Order your Lanart alpaca socks today!
- Anti-microbial for less odor Lanolin free – don’t need frequent washing
- Water repellent – naturally wick moisture for dry feet
- Hypoallergenic – no itch, good for those with wool allergies
- Superior breathability – wearable in a variety of climates
- Super warm – hollow core insulates
- Flame resistant for extra protection
- Machine wash cold, air dry
- We proudly manufacture our socks in North Carolina, USA.
What Is Alpaca Fiber?
Alpaca was once considered a gift from the gods and the most important relic of the history of the Incas. Alpacas are camelids since they share genetic material with camels. However, they are one of the four native species native species to South America.
There are two distinct breeds of these four-legged animals: the Huacaya alpaca and the Suri alpaca. The types of fiber derived from each of these types of alpacas are equally prized for different reasons. Fiber derived from alpacas can be either heavy or light depending on how it is spun, which means that it is ideal for a number of different kinds of products. Compared to sheep’s wool, alpaca fiber is considerably softer, and it is also more durable.
Gentle Wash/Air Dry